Sunday, July 25, 2010

After a loooong silence...

Macarons!

My first encounter with them was at the Lindt chocolate cafe and they call it a delice... but i think they look exactly like macarons. Wasn't really that impressed by it back then. But the popularity of the macaron have been increased by Masterchef. I think Poh made really fantastic looking ones especially when Adriano Zumbo brought this out. Over time, I've started taking more notice of the macaron and how different food bloggers get excited when Zumbo introduces a new range of macaron flavours. Then Callum from this year's masterchef made this really gorgeous looking macaron. I think what tipped the scales for me was watching the episode where Marion, Peter, Aaron and Alvin made that macaron tower. Seeing how lovely the pink macarons were made me want to make them. ... So when I had some leftover egg whites, i knew that i was going to finally have a crack at making these... and here they are:

Chocolate macarons with chocolate ganache (mixed with morello cherries and blueberries):








They were pretty cracked macarons for my first crack at them but overall not a bad first attempt i reckon. Was quite proud of myself that I made my own piping bag from baking paper which actually held the mixture quite well whilst i piped it and best of all, no need to wash a piping bag which is an activity i find quite annoying.

No comments: